Hypnos Music Player – Beta 3
January 29, 2018
New Features: (Full release notes here)
- Update available notifications (unobtrusive and can be disabled)
- LastFM integration — scrobbling, love, and unlove.
- Windows: installer instead of zip
- Filter boxes feel smoother and don’t cause UI to choke for large libraries
- ‘Go to Album’ menu option — finds the album for a track, highlights it in the library album pane (Ctrl + G)
- Allow exporting of the current list or playlist as a folder of files, named intelligently (copied)
- Library Filter replacing Jump Box (Hotkey: F)
- Hotkeys for Library Searches (Ctrl + 1, Ctrl + 2, Ctrl + 3)
- Allow library panes to be hidden (maybe you don’t use playlists, etc.)
- Save table settings and sort settings from session to session
- View Last Log button
- Remove all unnecessary disk writes, significantly improving performance.
- Update library code to reduce CPU spikes
- Linux: Properly handled CLI arguments
- Improved “open with” support
Still no OSX support. One day, when I find a good machine that I can test and develop on comfortably.
I’m hoping to release a Beta 4 that is feature complete, and then Version 1.0 after that.
On the whole, I’m pretty happy with this release. I feel like I’ve accomplished what I set out to do. It is my daily music player and it does everything I want it to do.