Hypnos Music Player – Beta 2
December 28, 2017
New Features: (Full release notes here)
- Lyrics Search / Display (Press L)
- Jump Box (Press J)
- “Play Next” feature – puts at front of queue (Shift + Q)
- Hide any columns you don’t prefer to see (right click on column header)
- Additional options when you right click queue button
- Edit tag-embedded images with tag editor window
- Album titles have colors for disc, subtitle, and release type
- Previous and Next buttons for tag editor window
- Drag and Drop labels for album and artist pane, making it easier to know where to drop
- Smart alpha numeric sorting (Disc 10 is now after Disc 9 instead of Disc 1)
- Hide library and art pane option – double click dividers or use hotkeys (Ctrl + L / Ctrl + K)
- Better column resizing, respect users’s preferences and avoid resizing columns that should stay a fixed width
- Unified hotkeys across program with tab in settings to list
- Fix volume max on windows.
- Fix volume slider feel (now logarithmic) for linux and windows.
OSX is still not supported, sorry if you’re on OSX. I don’t have a machine to test on, and I need to be able to test before I feel comfortable making an actual release for that platform. I think it would be relatively easy to do, but I have to find a machine.
There is still a lot of work ahead of me. My next big focus is probably the decoder back-end. Flacs work great, but I don’t have full coverage of the other formats. I’d also like to get it minimizing to system tray, but that’s hard to get working on both linux and windows. Finally, the global hotkeys for windows are a little finicky, I hope to fix them up in the next release.